Wednesday 27 August 2008

Idol alum Ace Young to make his Broadway debut in 'Grease'






Another "American Idol" alum is heading to "Grease" on Broadway.

Ace Young, who competed on season five of the Fox show, joins the barf Sept. 9, playing Kenickie in the revival of the democratic musical.

The 27-year-old singer-songwriter - known for his pretty looks and falsetto vocals - volition make his debut two days afterwards fellow "Idol" Taylor Hicks completes a two-month stint as Teen Angel. Hicks took plate the "Idol" title in 2006.

Young will perform through and through Jan. 18.

"I'm really mad," he said. "I had a lot of things kind of open up for me and when the function of Kenickie was offered, it's something that I've always wanted to do as a kid. That's always been my favorite role from 'Grease."'

Young likes that Danny Zuko's proper hand isle of Man is a guy's guy.

"That's a big side of me that a lot of the great unwashed don't know," he aforementioned. "They didn't get to see that on 'Idol.' You know, I deliver four older brothers. I was ne'er trying to even fear about what I was wearing. I was just trying to survive at the home."








More information